Deadline: June 15, 2020
The Strategic Management Society and Wiley are seeking nominations for one Co-Editor position at the Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal (SEJ). SEJ, founded in 2007, is targeted at publishing the most influential managerially oriented entrepreneurship research in the world. It is a research journal that publishes original work recommended by a developmental, double-blind review process conducted by peer scholars. Strategic entrepreneurship involves innovation and subsequent changes that add value to society and change societal life in ways that have significant, sustainable, and durable consequences.
To learn more about SEJ, including its vision, themes, and editorial leadership, please visit http://www.jzlcrystal.cn/sej/overview/overview.
The Call for Nominations reflects the end of the term of Co-Editor Christoph Zott, who will complete his term in December 2020. The new Co-Editor of SEJ will be appointed for a renewable three-year term and will assume duties in January 2021. He/she will work with the other two Co-Editors, Gary Dushnitsky and Melissa Graebner. Each nominee should have the following qualifications:
- Scholarly strength: Recognized worldwide as a strong scholar at the intersection of strategic management and entrepreneurship.
- Editorial experience: Has served or is serving as an Associate Editor or Editor of one of the three Strategic Management Society journals (SEJ, SMJ, or GSJ) or has equivalent experience as a decision editor in other leading journals.
- Open-minded and constructive attitude: History of open-mindedness regarding topics and methodologies for strategic entrepreneurship research and constructiveness in helping people develop different types of research opportunities.
- Strong work ethic: History of a strong work ethic in editorial activities, including both timeliness and ability to handle a steady stream of papers.
- Collaborative leadership experience: Ability to work effectively as a leader in an extended team. As SEJ Co-Editor, the relevant team will include the SEJ Editors (Co-Editors and Associate Editors), SEJ Editorial Review Board members and ad hoc reviewers, Co-Editors of other SMS journals, Media Innovations Co-Editors, SMS staff and Board members, Wiley staff, and an evolving set of other global contributors.
- Passion: Clear commitment to helping the journal and the discipline move forward, both operationally and strategically.
- Visionary and proactive leadership skills: Co-Editors must take an active part in developing the strategic direction of the journal. A Co-Editor must also stay current on the latest guidelines, recommendations, and evidence about peer review and journal management. The journal, as an instrument of the major scholarly organization in the strategy field, must both reflect and guide the discipline. Therefore, the Co-Editor must be actively involved with decisions on journal processes, staffing, planning, and promotion and will coordinate with other SMS journals on a regular basis.
Nominations, including self-nominations, will be accepted until June 15, 2020. Nominations should include (in PDF format):
- A statement of interest from the nominee, for both self-nominations and nominations by third parties, indicating the nominee’s goals for the journal as well as logistical items including name, full address, email address, and telephone number.
- A letter of up to 800 words summarizing the nominee’s qualifications relative to the criteria above. *Up to three third-party letters of support or recommendation.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- If available, relevant statistics (number of papers handled, distribution of decisions, evaluations) from previous editorial experiences at journals other than SEJ, SMJ, and GSJ. The SMS office will supply statistics related to its journals to the Search Committee for each candidate.
The Co-Editor Search Committee of the SMS will review nominations, select, and recommend the appointment of the Co-Editor to the SMS Board and Wiley no later than Fall 2020. Members of the Search Committee may include current and past members of the SMS Board, SMS Fellows, and current and past Editors of the SMS journals, among others. Please email nomination(s) to the SMS Executive Office to the attention of Publications Manager Lana Bandy at firstname.lastname@example.org.